Friday, March 09, 2007

Metmorphosed

Welcome to Kolkata's Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airpoorts Domestic Terminal the out side temperature is 28 degree Celcius. Thank you for flying Jet Airways, we would like to serve you again, we will using the Aero-bridge, so we request passenger to De-plane from the front exit' These were the first words I hear from the In flight Executive on my return to Kolkata on the 1st of march, I was about to get up while one of the attendants got my jacket from the rack, and thanked me for flying jet( some of the benefits of having a frequent flyer programme)

I came out dfrom the airport with the priority tag dangling on my luggage, and lit the Classic regulars, sporting a black ray-ban and in the elegant Black Park Avenue suit, was about to take the cab, when a guy came up to me and enquired me if I needed the Jet-Citibank credit Card, I told him I had it, but he insisted that I take the gold card, I obliged.

I sat in the cab, and was thinking while it zoomed through VIP road; it’s a home coming after seven years.

I still remember how over night i had booked the tickets for Gitanjali Express for Kalyan, and was 284 on the waitlist, was traveling with friend who decided to join me on the morning of our journey, with a general ticket only. We had to fill up the forms within the next 48hrs.

We did not fly; our parents had decided we see the world, as the way we had not seen till then. It was our decision to leave home, they supported us, but we were still on our own.

I remember taking that 30 hrs long journey in the May heat seating near the ‘ Wash Room' of the Indian Railways, smoking bidis.

Reached Kalyan at 12 in the night next day, and Pune at 3 am. I had fill up form in Fergusson College next morning.

That was years ago now, 7 years to be precise, the beginning to my tryst with the road, since then i have walked many a avenues, in Pune , Delhi and Mumbai respectively.

I have learnt to drink the tears, and wash of that childish giggle of my face,

Learnt how diplomacy can over power raw emotion. I have learnt the Game theory of life and know " In the long run we are all dead"

Learnt to mix my drinks, and inculcated the Taste for good Whisky, there where times we had the cheapest, with lemon stolen from the mess.. Today try to keep walking.

By then the Taxi had taken turn to our salt lake residence.

Went up to our newly renovated home, touched moms feet.. she said eto dine ghorer chele ghore firlo ( it was time the son came back home). Went to my room.. The renovated transformation was a metamorphosis completed

5 comments:

avimanyu said...

Nicely written. I see the inspiration from Sajani's blog too. Nevertheless a great writing.

Anonymous said...

so you finally there....enjoy your time. guess what, its been around 15 years for me and god knows how many to go. and when i read this, it make me think about that. well, for now back to work to wrap up things before weekend bell rings.

sandeep biswal.

Anonymous said...

what happened within 7 years we all know
i wish you were brave enough to pen it down...
your escapades with life.. and your love for the amber liquid

iHatEtiTo said...

theres nothing like homecoming. we all leave home to return to it. as you had earlier mentioned, you left home a boy and returned a man. in these seven years you have been through a lot, good and bad, but you had the courage of bearing it on yourself, solving your own hassles and enjoying your accomplishments. back home now, the life slightly changes. home associates the phrase "settling down". i hope you appreciate the fact that you are no longer the rolling stone. it was your conscious decision to anchor the sailing ship. an anchored ship also has its role to play. i am sure so it will.
cheers

Anonymous said...

Any comments?

http://www2.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4933110411332759673&postID=8223676223882430862&isPopup=true