Friday, March 23, 2007

Greatest Truth

The Greatest Truth

Some times in my leisure

I think of various thought,

I think why do they go where do they go,

I find no answer but I know

I day will come when I too must go.

It’s our greatest fear and our greatest threat,

Though before birth our destiny is set.

It’s the greatest truth and the greatest lie

For man, God is rolling a die

So why sorrow why cry...

So live your life till we die....."

I wrote this when I was 12-13 years old way back more than a decade now, I bumped into it the other day, and my parents published it in children's magazine. God only knows what I was thinking then, today when I read it I think was a cynic or an optimist or a realist at 12!! Today the happy go lucky self looking for the anchorage feels: did I take page out of this poem... live life till we die??

Today I don't say god is rolling a die, with all due respect to him. (See Preface) or did I learn to Walk on, thanks to this poem... today only if i could go back into that 12 year old boy's, and feel what he felt then.. But I too uncomfortably numb thinking of it now... the only thing that i can recollect is that yes i wrote it... It has my name written below it...

Abhigyan Sengupta

1994

Today I want to write............But I just cant ..........I cant write poetry no more, lost that art or wanted to loose it , I don’t know, but cant rhyme verse no more

“Light asks darkness where you stay, darkness replies in peoples mind from where you stay away”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Utter Hopeless

avimanyu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
avimanyu said...

Look dude. YOu can still look beyong the 17 inch screen (Sorry 14 inch Frost can afford more). I agree we have walked a long way in the direction that was never our intent. But we can still go back and re-ignite rselves. What say you??

thus spaeke chico...... said...

profound..... too profound for a 12 year old kid....
dint you ever cease to be a bookworm or something and play para cricket of football int he rains or something...????

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iHatEtiTo said...

i remember this poem from our younger days.... was written in your diary....and you had let me read it.
guess its your first steps towards existentialism boy, keep walking
;-)

Acekaybe said...

bookworm and abhigyan sengupta.....i have to see to believe it. neways, madhouse on the verge of entering history......drop in sometime to raise the last toast.